5th February, 2008
Press Release: PGPX Class of 2008
Almost a month into its placement season, PGPX class of 2008 at IIMA has seen strong response from recruiters. IIMA’s portfolio offering of multiple programs allows recruiters to choose from an array of entry level to very senior level management profiles from the same school. Industry re-affirms PGPX positioning as a unique MBA level programme in India for sourcing talent at senior and middle management roles. Given the experience of the first batch last year, companies are coming with flexible mindsets to marry participant experience & aspirations with organisational requirements.
Building over the runaway success of the pioneering class’s placement record, the second class is witnessing an overwhelming response to recruit from companies this year. Most recruiters from last year have returned and several new companies have already confirmed dates for recruiting from PGPX class.
The placement season has begun on the 7th January and will go until end of February. Companies can choose to conduct recruitment at their offices and avoid travel given tight placement timelines.
Key placement related facts
1. Salary levels
1. Average salary so far, on par with last year’s average.
2. Discussions for senior positions currently in progress, which is likely to push the upper end of salaries and hence the averages.
2. Participant experience level range: 7 -17 years
3. Titles / Roles offered so far
1. Senior level: COO/ VP/ GM
2. Middle level: Senior Manager / Manager
4. Key recruiters who are participating
1. Consulting co.s : McKinsey, Booz Allen Hamilton, Accenture, ATK, PWC and so on
2. Industry / Conglomerates: Reliance ADAG, RPG, AVB, ITC and so on
3. IT / ITES: Microsoft, Google, Infosys China, VSNL, Tech Mahindra, Syntel and so on.
5. New recruiters: GE, Tata Steel, Adani, Future Group, Fino, Electrotherm, iNautix and so on
6. Expecting at least 5-6 boutique consulting companies to recruit at lateral levels based on participant experience.
7. Participants are choosing roles, growth and compensation in that order when making choices.
8. Most recruiters from last year returned, vindicating the value of PGPX offering.9. 20% new recruiters are recruiting this year.
10. A lot of interest from start ups / SMEs this year for senior roles.
11. Retail and Real estate are emerging as hot areas of recruitment
12. Challenging international assignments in UK / US / Middle East / Asia Pac – in Consulting / product management / engagement management and account management roles.
13. The design of PGPX is built on the Institute’s well established experience of designing and running postgraduate management programmes for exceptionally bright students and a wide range of executive education programmes for practicing managers from many countries. It takes into account the substantial and varied experience the selected executives bring to the classroom.
14. The objective of the programme is to develop bright, enthusiastic, and aspirational executives into management leaders and change agents in the global arena.