The Telecom Club of PGPX-IV is an open forum for all IIM-A members who are interested in staying abreast of the telecommunications industry. The discussions in the club meetings span a wide array of topics including wireless and cellular communications, wireline and broadband, applications and software, and the convergence between broadband, voice, video, and mobile – normally referred to as “quad-play”.
Our focus includes the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), carriers and service providers, and telecom software vendors. Our members bring a wealth of experience from the industry and an unparalleled technical and business expertise.
The following are the primary objectives of the Telecom Club:
- To track the business and technology trends in the telecom space by continuous knowledge acquisition and dissemination
- To interact with industry leaders regularly and understand the management challenges faced by the businesses
- To engage in high quality brainstorming and panel discussions on Telecom business related topics
- To enhance our business skills by working on real-life problems faced by telecommunication firms
- To interact and work closely with the IIMA Idea Telecom Centre of Excellence (IITCOE)